Dumfries and Galloway
The Swallow Theatre is Scotland’s smallest professional theatre. It is a fully equipped – but miniature – performing arts space presenting professional drama and music in a beautiful rural setting. Each one of the 36-50 raked seats has a great view. There’s nothing quite like being near enough to the stage to see the real tears in an actor’s eyes, or to be able to watch the fingers of a superb musician in action.
Before the show, join us in our light and airy refreshment room for fair trade coffee or tea, wine, locally brewed beer, interesting soft drinks, and Cream o’ Galloway ice cream. You can also take a wander, or sit, in our organic, permaculture-inspired wildlife garden.
Whether you are a first-time visitor or a theatre regular, a local resident or a tourist, you are assured of a warm welcome, a magical environment and a high-quality performance. We look forward to welcoming you.
- In Loyal Company - 07/06/2019 - 7:30 pm
- In Loyal Company - 08/06/2019 - 7:30 pm
- Jane Eyre - 14/06/2019 - 7:30 pm
- Jane Eyre - 15/06/2019 - 7:30 pm
- Call of Nature - 23/06/2019 - 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Call of Nature - 23/06/2019 - 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Call of Nature - 23/06/2019 - 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Eglantyne - 28/06/2019 - 7:30 pm
- ... And This is My Friend Mr. Laurel - 10/07/2019 - 7:30 pm
- ... And This is My Friend Mr. Laurel - 11/07/2019 - 7:30 pm
- The Fitzwilliam String Quartet - Illustrated Talk on Schubert Quartet in G major D.887 - 30/07/2019 - 10:30 am